Africa Countries with Hotels
Africa Lodging | Canada Lodging | Caribbean Isles | Central America
Eastern Europe Lodging | Eastern Nations | Mexico Lodging | Oceania Lodging
South America | Western Europe Lodging | Lodging FAQ | My Reservations
United States: Gulf Coast States | Northeast | Northwest | South Atlantic Coast | Southwest
Africa, the second largest of the earth's seven continents, covering about 30,330,000 sq km (about 11,699,000 sq mi), including its adjacent islands. It comprises about 22 percent of the world's total land area. In 1990 about 12 percent of the world's population, an estimated 642 million people, lived in Africa, making it the world's second-most populous continent after Asia.
Some of the hotels, motels and resorts available for booking in our reservation network include, Ramada Inn, Marriott Hotels, Super 8 Motels, Econo Lodge, Holiday Inn & Holiday Inn Express, Travelodge, Hampton Inn, Sheraton, Hilton, Best Western, Hyatt and Hyatt Regency, Wyndham Inn, Ritz and Ritz Carlton, Days Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, La Quinta Inns, Comfort Inn and Comfort Suite, Embassy Suites, Quality Inn, Radisson Inn, Sleep Inn, Numerous Resorts and Resort Villas throughout the globe, along with Plaza and Plaza Suites and and array of private and Golf Clubs and Golf Resorts.
Select a country or territory from the list below or to the left to see the hotels and motels throughout Africa, that have reservations available through our network. Other countries are listed near the top of this page.
- Algeria, (17) - officially Democratic and Popular Republic of Algeria, republic of western North Africa;
- Benin, (12) - republic in western Africa, on the Gulf of Guinea. Known in full as the Republic of Benin,
- Botswana, (37) - republic in southern Africa, a landlocked country,
- Burkina Faso, (14) - formerly Upper Volta, republic in western Africa,
- Burundi, (30) - landlocked republic in eastern Africa,
- Cameroon, (22) - republic in western Africa, bounded on the north by Lake Chad;
- Chad, (21) - Republic of, republic in north central Africa.
- Congo, (25) - Republic of the, republic in west central Africa,
- Cote D'ivoire, (9) - (French for "Ivory Coast"), republic in western Africa,
- Djibouti, (48) - republic in northeastern Africa, formerly French Territory of the Afars and the Issas.
- Egypt, (20) - officially Arab Republic of Egypt, country in northeastern Africa and southwestern Asia.
- Eritrea, (49) - independent state in Africa,
- Ethiopia, (46) - formerly Abyssinia, republic in eastern Africa,
- Gabon, (24) - (French République Gabonaise), independent nation in west central Africa,
- Gambia, (5) - republic within the Commonwealth of Nations, situated on the western coast of Africa,
- Ghana, (10) - country in western Africa,
- Guinea, (6) - formerly People's Revolutionary Republic of Guinea, independent nation in western Africa,
- Kenya, (45) - republic in Africa, a member of the Commonwealth of Nations,
- Lesotho, (35) - formerly Basutoland, country in southern Africa,
- Malawi, (40) - republic in southeastern Africa, formerly the British protectorate of Nyasaland,
- Mali, (15) - Republic of, republic in northwestern Africa,
- Mauritania, (3) - Islamic Republic of, republic in northwestern Africa,
- Mauritius, (53) - independent island republic in the western Indian Ocean,
- Morocco, (1) - (Arabic Al Mamlakah al Maghribìyah), hereditary monarchy
- Mozambique, (41) - republic in southeastern Africa,
- Namibia, (33) - formerly South-West Africa, republic in southwestern Africa,
- Nigeria, (13) - Federal Republic of, republic in western Africa,
- Reunion, (54) - region of France, largest of the Mascarene island group in the Indian Ocean
- Rwanda, (29) - republic in east central Africa,
- Senegal, (4) - republic in western Africa,
- Seychelles, (52) - republic, an archipelago of 115 islands, scattered across the western Indian Ocean,
- South Africa, (34) - Republic of, republic in southern Africa,
- Swaziland, (36) - independent monarchy in southeastern Africa,
- Tanzania, (44) - United Republic of, republic in southeastern Africa,
- Togo, (11) - republic in West Africa, bounded on the north by Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
- Tunisia, (18) - republic of northern Africa, bounded on the north and east by the Mediterranean Sea
- Uganda, (28) - republic in eastern Africa, bounded on the north by Sudan
- Zaire, (31) - No Hotels Available
- Zambia, (39) - republic in south central Africa,
- Zimbabwe, (38) - landlocked republic in southern Africa,
Straddling the equator, Africa stretches 8050 km (4970 mi) from its northernmost point, Ra's al Abyad (Cape Blanc) in Tunisia, to its southernmost tip, Cape Agulhas in South Africa. The maximum width of the continent, measured from the tip of Cap Vert in Senegal, in the west, to Raas Xaafuun (Ras Hafun) in Somalia, in the east, is about 7560 km (about 4700 mi). The highest point on the continent is the perpetually snowcapped Kilimanjaro (5895 m/19,340 ft) in Tanzania, and the lowest is Lake Assal (153 m/502 ft below sea level) in Djibouti. Africa has a regular coastline characterized by few indentations. Its total length is only about 30,490 km (about 18,950 mi); the length of the African coastline in proportion to its area is less than that of any other continent.
Some "Africa," Information Microsoft® Encarta® 97 Encyclopedia.
© 1993-1996 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Algeria • Benin • Botswana • Burkina Faso • Burundi • Cameroon • Chad • Congo • Cote D'ivoire • Djibouti • Egypt • Eritrea • Ethiopia • Gabon • Gambia • Ghana • Guinea • Kenya • Lesotho • Malawi • Mali • Mauritius • Mauritania • Morocco • Mozambique • Namibia • Nigeria • Reunion • Rwanda • Senegal • Seychelles • South Africa • Swaziland • Tanzania • Togo • Tunisia • Uganda • Zaire • Zambia • Zimbabwe • Search • Site Map
Last Revised: February 07, 2011 05:37 PM.